Appetizer: Hiyayakko Tofu1 （冷奴豆腐1）, Takoyaki2 （たこ焼き2）, Korokke3 (コロッケ3), Gyoza (餃子), Miso Soup (味噌汁)
Traditional: Kappamaki Cucumber Roll (かっぱ巻き), Tekkamaki Tuna Roll (鉄火巻き), Takuan Roll Pickled Radish Roll4 (沢庵巻き4),
Futomaki Thick Roll5 (太巻き5)
Modern: California Roll, Philadelphia Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Rainbow Roll6, AK-47 Roll7
Chef Special Roll: Take a Chance Roll8
Dessert: Mochi Ice Cream9 (アイス餅9)
1. Hiyayakko Tofu（冷奴豆腐）– Chilled Tofu that is often served in the summer before a meal. It has green onions and daikon on top, and is set in a diluted soy sauce. Kinugoshi (or silken) tofu is most often used to make this dish.
2. Takoyaki (たこ焼き) – Fried octopus dumplings that are very popular in the Kansai region of Japan. The inside is gooey and hot, and often contains mayonnaise, pickled ginger, and green onion. The dish is often garnished with strips of nori (seaweed), fish flakes, and takoyaki sauce, which has a thick consistency and savory flavor.
3. Korokke (コロッケ) – Fried potato that usually contains a mixture of corn, chopped vegetables, and a variety of meat. It was originally related to the French, croquette, which is where its name comes from. It often comes with cabbage and tonkatsu sauce that it can be dipped into.
4. Takuan Pickled Radish Roll (沢庵巻き) – Sushi roll that is wrapped in nori (seaweed) and has pickled radish on the inside. The texture of the pickled radish is crunchy and wet, which contrasts nicely with the chewy rice that surrounds it.
5. Futomaki Thick Roll (沢庵巻き) – This roll is called “thick roll” because the typical futomaki is 1.5 inches in diameter. In the Kansai region, people eat uncut futomaki during the Setsubun festival (bean-throwing festival) to bring prosperity. Futomaki often contains egg, crab meat, shrimp powder, cucumber, and other vegetables.
6. Rainbow Roll – A roll that is “inside” out in that it is wrapped in a variety of sashimi and avocado. It is garnished with white and black sesame seeds. The inside usually contains crab meat and cucumber. It is called a “rainbow roll” because the types of sashimi it is wrapped in gives it many different colors.
7. AK47 Roll – Chef AK’s creation, which contains spicy tuna, cream cheese, and cucumber. It is topped with BBQ eel, sliced and fried sweet potatoes, and a hot thai sauce. A very delicious and creative sushi roll!
8. Take a Chance Roll – Another specialty of Blue Ocean Sushi. It came wrapped in foil and in flames! Contains spicy shrimp, cream cheese, and BBQ eel. It is called “take a chance” because it is so spicy!
9. Mochi Ice Cream (アイス餅) – Mochi that is served frozen and filled with ice cream. Guests were served two different flavors – matcha (Japanese green tea), and mango. The mocha was accompanied by a slice of castella (カステラ) cake.